Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Online Meetings

Hi All,

As per the recent email I sent to all committee members I am going to hold discussions on issues involving the mountain biking via this blog. Quite simply, I will post two items for discussion on the blog and invite committee members to comment on those issues. At the end of the week I will ask someone to come up with a consensus statement based on the those comments and to identify any actions and recommendations that are important. I hope this gives us an opportunity to continue to work on items until we can meet again in July.

Please let me know if you need me to send you permission to comment on this blog.

This week's issues:

1) Standing Agenda Items

An easy way to effectively and efficiently run this committee is to identify standing agenda items and to have interested parties be in charge of those items. Below are some potential items and people who have expressed interest in reporting on these. Please let me know if you are interested in one of these, and/or identify an item that I may have missed:
  1. Promotion - Kevin Braun
  2. Marathon Races
  3. Cup and Provincial Races
  4. Safety - Hal Loewen
  5. Rules and Regulations - Karin McSherry
  6. Others?

2) Surveys

At the Grand Beach Race the Olympia Cycling Club handed out surveys about the race in lieu of food tickets, competitors were required to fill out the survey to get their food. The idea is to collect information about the event so that the organizer has feedback about how the ran the race thereby information on which they can use to improve their event. Other ways we could use this information is to share it with the committee and the other organizers; in order to do this fairly the committee would need to create a standard survey, is this a something we are interested in?

Sample of the Survey - participants were required to fill out the survey in order to get their food:

Food Ticket – Grand Beach XC 2009
Do Not Agree Agree
Was the course clearly marked?
1 2 3 4 5
Was the course was challenging and fun?
1 2 3 4 5
Did you have an enjoyable event?
1 2 3 4 5
The organizer put on a well organized event
1 2 3 4 5
Please write additional comments on back

7 comments:

Coach Dave said...

Grand Beach Race surveys – I never received a survey and I am interesting is seeing the document. I wonder if someone could post it so others could fill it out who might not have attended (for whatever reason), or who are interested but do not do mountain bike races (for whatever reason).

Dave.

Anonymous said...

I just did a copy of the Grand Beach food ticket.... I am not sure how many will fill it out, but you can see one here Dave!

Kevin B said...

I will sign up for "Promotion".

Anonymous said...

So now that I have these surveys, about 99% fully positive, which I'm happy with, what do I do with em?

halloewen said...

I'll post the survey and the next issues on the web on Wednesday. The surveys were mamby pamby really, I just wanted to see if anyone would fill them out - and they did.

Greg hang onto them - we may review them at a future MTN committee meeting.

Thanks Kevin.

Coach Dave said...

Was the survey distributed at Falcon?

halloewen said...

no to Dave's question